Swine Insurance- Designed for swine owners, integrators, or contract growers, our confined swine insurance helps protect your operation’s hogs. You know such protection is very important because you know those hogs represent such an enormous investment of your livelihood’s resources. Tornadoes, fires, power interruptions, etc. are all perils that can kill your hogs with little or no warning. Bar H Insurance is ready to help you when events like these occur. The Hartford’s specialized insurance coverages for swine include:
- Confined Swine Coverage – Helps provide coverage for the death of covered swine resulting from covered causes of loss, including fire, lightning, windstorm, vandalism, drowning, flood, building collapse, and more. It also includes coverage for theft of covered swine.
- Power Interruption and Mechanical Breakdown Coverage (Optional) – Power interruption and mechanical breakdown coverage can be added to confined swine insurance to cover the death of covered swine in case a building’s ventilating equipment fails due to interruption of power or a mechanical breakdown.
- Manual Start Back-Up Generator System Endorsement (Optional) – The Manual Start Back-Up Generator System endorsement amends the power interruption and mechanical breakdown coverage to allow a manual start back-up generator system. (Normally, an automatic start back-up generator system is required.)
- Contaminated Feed Coverage (Optional) – Adds contaminated feed to the confined swine coverage as a covered cause of loss where the consumption of a toxic substance in feed or water results in the death of covered swine.
- Reproductive Impairment Coverage (Optional) – Amends the confined swine coverage to include coverage for the reduction in value of covered swine should a covered loss result in reproductive impairment.
- Contract Penalties Coverage (Optional) – Amends the confined swine coverage to pay contract penalties assessed should the death of swine caused by a covered loss result in your failure to deliver contracted swine.